Can You Use Coconut Oil To Fry Plantains Peel the plantains and slice the flesh about 1 8th inch thick.
Can you use coconut oil to fry plantains How to make fried plantains.
Can you use coconut oil to fry plantains. You re more than welcome to use any oil you prefer but that coconut oil just meshes beautifully with this tropical treat. Coconut oil is the best type of oil to use when frying and gives them the most authentic taste and flavor. Do you have an adventurous. Have you ever eaten chocolate covered mealworms.
Your choice of oil is another important consideration. Sweet coconut oil fried plantains we ve been exploring using some other african ingredients in our cooking and plantain comes up time and again as a staple. Perhaps you don t like the taste of coconut so you don t want to use coconut. If you want to cook plantains by pan frying them peel the plantains and slice them into 1 4 inch pieces.
To make these fried plantains with cinnamon i used ghee to fry them in. I especially love frying them in some coconut oil because it adds just a touch of sweetness and some good fats. If you search for recipes on pinterest you will see a repeating. Theme substitute coconut oil for any other type of oil.
Too much oil will cause the plantains to soak up the oil resulting in soggy plantains. Add the plantains in a single layer to a skillet with hot butter or oil and saute them over medium low to medium heat for 2 minutes. Plantains are one of my favorite fruits because they re a bit starchier than bananas and can be amazingly sweet and caramelized when you get them fully ripe. You might want to use a neutral tasting oil such as canola or vegetable oil.
The amount of oil used for frying should be just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. The plantains i used had been sitting on my kitchen counter for almost 2 weeks. Add 1 2 tablespoons coconut oil to a large skillet over medium low heat place 8 10 plantain slices cut side down into the skillet in a. Drop the plantains into the oil and fry until golden brown about two minutes.
Watch the temperature and make sure you don t go over 350 degrees as the plantains will burn quickly. Remove plantains and place on paper towel. Coconut oil fried cinnamon sugar ginger plantains vegan gluten free 2 plantains. Heat coconut oil in firedisc cookers to 350 degrees.
Peel your plantain carefully.
Related post Can you use coconut oil to fry plantains:
- can you play super mario party online switch
- can you play gta 5 online without ps plus
- can you play minecraft on a macbook
- can you play sims 4 offline pc
- can you play ps1 games on ps2 emulator
- can you play roblox on xbox without gold
- can you play roblox on nintendo switch 2020
- can you play monopoly online with friends
- Canada Dry Ginger Ale Bold Ingredients
- Canada Latitude And Longitude Worksheets Answers
- Canada Goose Gilet Real Vs Fake
- Canada Dry Bold Ginger Ale Ingredients
- Canada Dry Diet Ginger Ale And Lemonade 12 Fl Oz 48 Cans Stores
- Canad Inn Grand Forks Water Park
- Canada Tourist Visa From India Documents Checklist
- Canada Goose Fur Replacement
- Canada Dry Diet Ginger Ale And Lemonade 12 Fl Oz 48 Cans
- Canada Goose Rain Jacket Review
- Canada Goose Camp Hooded Jacket Matte Finish
- Can Your Mind Play Tricks On You About Being Pregnant
- Canada Goose Fake Vs Real Hologram
- Can Your Belly Button Get Infected
- Canada Goose Mens Winter Coats
- Canada Dry Bold Ginger Ale Vs Ginger Beer
- Canada Dry Diet Ginger Ale And Lemonade
- Canada Goose Mystique Parka Review
- Canada Goose Fur Replacement Cost
- Canada Tourist Visa From India Duration
- Canada Dry Ginger Ale Bold Flavor
- Canada Tourist Visa From India Quora
- Can Your Mind Play Tricks On Your Body
- Canada Goose Chilliwack Bomber Jacket Womens
- Can Your Partner Feel If Your Dilated