Can You Take Sudafed While Nursing So keep an eye on your milk supply and any behavioral differences in your baby.
Can you take sudafed while nursing If you already suffer from low supply issues use cautiously and if your supply drops stop taking it.
Can you take sudafed while nursing. Fda pregnancy category c. Try going to two. Sudafed trade name for pseudoephedrine is a decongestant. Just use as little as you can to not be totally miserable like you would take more than that anyway also why quit nursing at 1.
Sudafed does pass into breast milk. Doctors give trusted answers on uses effects side effects and cautions. After a single dose of pseudoephedrine 60 mg orally in 8 nursing mothers there was a mean 24 decrease in milk production over the following 24 hours. Theraflu is not recommended to be taken during pregnancy.
No change in blood flow to the breast was detected that could explain the decreased milk production. However using sudafed can cause your baby to be irritable or lethargic than usual. This medication is also safe to take while breastfeeding but in some women it can cause a reduction in breast milk supply. It has also been reported for irritability in some babies.
Can you take sudafed while breastfeeding. Sudafed is the trade name for pseudoephedrine. Garlic eaten raw cooked or taken as a supplement can help. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using sudafed.
It is a category c drug which means that there is no direct data linking it to problems in the human fetus but it has been shown to have adverse effects in animal models. Take in extra vitamin c from foods juices or in supplement form. Pseudoephedrine can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. It is a decongestant.
Do not use sudafed without telling your doctor if you are breast feeding a baby. Yes you can take a preg test while nursing no harm will be done. It is not known whether sudafed will harm an unborn baby. Raw is always best though it s hardest to get down.
It can also cause irritability in some babies. According to specialists from the american academy of pediatrics it is safe to take sudafed while breastfeeding because the risks to your breastfed baby is likely to be low. It becomes a nap bedtime thing. This medication is safe to take while nursing but it can reduce milk supply.
Can you take sudafed while nursing.
Related post Can you take sudafed while nursing:
- can you mix vinegar and baking soda in washing machine
- can you mix vinegar and baking soda in laundry
- can you own a rusty spotted cat as a pet
- can you mix vinegar and baking soda in dishwasher
- can you mix vitamin c and retinol
- can you order costco pizza online
- can you negotiate a car lease payment
- can you own a red panda
- Can You Paint A Turtle Shell
- Can You Paint A Fiberglass Garage Door
- Can You Paint A Light Bulb With Acrylic Paint
- Can You Paint A Tub Surround
- Can You Paint A Kitchen Sink Black
- Can You Paint A Mirror Frame
- Can You Paint A Mirror Frame With Acrylic Paint
- Can You Paint A Metal Door
- Can You Paint Carpet In A Car
- Can You Paint A Red Brick House White
- Can You Paint A Brick House White
- Can You Paint A Refrigerator Stainless Steel
- Can You Paint A Lampshade White
- Can You Paint A Plastic Bathtub
- Can You Paint A Plastic Tub
- Can You Paint Ceiling Tiles Black
- Can You Paint A Turtle Shell With Nail Polish
- Can You Paint Carpet
- Can You Paint Aluminum Window Frames Black
- Can You Paint A Metal Sink
- Can You Paint A Garage Door To Look Like Wood
- Can You Paint A Refrigerator
- Can You Paint A Lampshade With Emulsion
- Can You Paint A Refrigerator With Chalkboard Paint
- Can You Paint Brass Fixtures