Can You Paint Over Veneer Wardrobes Painting over veneer is much like painting over wood since the veneer itself is wood.
Can you paint over veneer wardrobes The trick to painting veneer is to clean sand and prime it before applying a finish coat of paint.
Can you paint over veneer wardrobes. If the wardrobe is varnished sand with a medium grit sandpaper then smooth. Apply at least two coats of your chosen paint to the veneer surface painting over the dried primer. They are veneer and slick. If you skip it you will literally be able to scrape the paint off with your nails.
Chalk paint makes the best primer. 1st time i used primer for slick surfaces it was ok but didn t hold up. Tape the glass on drawers and shelves if you are using those prime every exposed surface using a high density foam roller and good quality paint brush. You can make your own or get folkart home decor chalk paint at joanns or other craft stores and it goes a long ways.
Then apply a coat of an acrylic latex paint with a brush or roller using short even strokes. Sand all parts of the wardrobe s surface with a fine grit sandpaper if you are painting over a previous coat of paint. To paint laminate furniture start by sanding down the surface using 120 grit sandpaper so that the paint will stick better. Next apply an oil based primer with a brush or roller and wait 4 hours for it to dry.
The key is prepping it correctly and using the right primer. This step is so important with laminate furniture. Wood veneer is created when very thin slices of wood usually less than 1 8 inch thick are glued on to wood panels or particle board. If you re opting for a light color you ll need to apply two coats at minimum and you may need more to achieve the desired effect.
I generally prefer eggshell for furniture i can very highly recommend little greene s oil eggshell paint in which case you can skip step 4 but if you have a matte emulsion lying around as i did you can use this too i used little greene french grey dark 163. Veneer can be primed painted stained and treated just like any other wood surface. Once it s dry gently sand the surface with a 220 grit sandpaper.
Related post Can you paint over veneer wardrobes:
- Can You Grow Morel Mushrooms Indoors
- Can You Give Your Dog Melatonin For Anxiety
- Can You Give Zyrtec To A Dog For Allergies
- Can You Grill Crab Legs
- Can You Grow Carrots In A Pot Indoors
- Can You Give Yourself A Fever From Too Many Blankets
- Can You Grow Cucumbers In A Pot Outside
- Can You Give Yourself A Hickey With A Spoon
- Can You Give Zyrtec To Dogs For Itching
- Can You Grow Avocados In Texas
- Can You Go Swimming With A Tampon On Your Period
- Can You Grow Broccoli In A Pot Uk
- Can You Go Live On Tiktok Without 1000 Fans
- Can You Grow Mint Indoors Year Round
- Can You Go Back In Time In Google Earth
- Can You Grout Over Grout
- Can You Grow Lettuce In A Pot
- Can You Grow Carrots From Carrots
- Can You Grow Cucumbers In A Pot
- Can You Go Back In Time In Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Can You Grill A Chuck Roast
- Can You Grow An Avocado Tree Indoors
- Can You Grow Coffee In The Us
- Can You Grill In The Rain
- Can You Grow Carrots In A Pot