Can You Mix Different Brands Of Oil Same Weight Posted by kirth gerson at 8 52 am on april 17 2006.
Can you mix different brands of oil same weight I am talking about the same weight same type same everything except the brand.
Can you mix different brands of oil same weight. You can even mix synthetic oil with conventional oil. All you ll end up with is an oil with properties somewhere between the two. You can mix different weights but not sure why you would. Again different chemistry can be used to build up the viscosity of an engine oil so mixing two from different viscosity ranges is not likely going to deliver the result that you desire.
Summing it up when you top up your engine oil after a leak do not hesitate to mix oils if you do not get the same type of oil. A car owner might choose to use a different brand of synthetic oil and can do so without concern. But as the weight of the oil is critical do not ever mix. Another uncertainty is the shear stability of a mixture of two different weights.
Is there a consensus on this. Though the synthetic oils from different companies are not chemically identical the oils can be mixed together. I have heard that additives can be different between brands. Do not however mix synthetic and normal oils unless the synthetic s manufacturer specifically says it s ok.
All oils that carry the same cert are compatible and regardless of what you do there is always some old oil in the engine when you change it. The key differences between synthetic oils. Synthetic oils are all made in basically the same manner. In the long run though stick to using one type of oil to get the.
Related post Can you mix different brands of oil same weight:
- can you powder coat stainless steel
- can you print documents at cvs from iphone
- can you print from a tablet without wifi
- can you potty train a guinea pig
- can you print photos at target from your phone
- can you pour bleach down the drain
- can you pull a chest muscle from blowing your nose
- can you print on holographic vinyl
- Can You Wear Jeans To A Funeral Visitation
- Can You Wear Booties In The Summer
- Can You Weld Stainless Steel To Mild Steel With A Mig
- Can You Wear Navy With Black Shoes
- Can You Weld Stainless Steel To Mild Steel With Flux Core Wire
- Can You Workout With A Herniated Disc In Back
- Can You Wireless Charge With A Popsocket
- Can You Work 2 Full Time Jobs In Australia
- Can You Workout After A Tattoo
- Can You Wear Jeans To A Wedding Shower
- Can You Wear Boots In The Summer Men
- Can You Wear Jeans To Court As A Spectator
- Can You Wear Knee High Boots In The Summer
- Can You Wear Velvet In The Summer
- Can You Wear Linen In The Fall
- Can You Wear Navy Blue With Black
- Can You Wear White Sneakers In The Winter
- Can You Workout After Getting A Tattoo
- Can You Wear White On Labor Day Weekend
- Can You Wear Timberland Boots In The Summer
- Can You Work 2 Full Time Jobs
- Can You Wear Football Cleats For Lacrosse
- Can You Wear Cream To A Wedding
- Can You Wear Jeans To A Quinceanera
- Can You Write Your Own Will In Florida