Can You Give A Cat Pepto Bismol For Vomiting For one thing you can t just let a cat have chocolate or drink alcohol both of which will kill a cat.
Can you give a cat pepto bismol for vomiting The answer is no you should not give your cat pepto bismol under any circumstances.
Can you give a cat pepto bismol for vomiting. Think of it as the expiry date. Do not give to cats. I can tell you right now that just by the things you wrote that your head is far up somewhere it doesn t belong. These are facts not my opinion.
Though dogs can usually tolerate this drug without any risk of permanent damage cats can t pepto bismol contains chemicals that are considered toxic to felines. Wait at least 12 hours before feeding a bit longer if still vomiting. The more you know the more you can prepare. It seems that while it can be given it should be done so sparingly and as a last resort.
A general guideline is however emphasized that mediations and drugs formulated for human consumption should never be given to dogs and other pets unless directed by a veterinarian of course. It could indicate your cat has eaten a toxic substance or has a the treatment for your cat s vomiting depends on the underlying cause. Can my cat have pepto bismol. You should never give kaopectate or pepto bismol to.
Our advice fluffy kittycan cats have pepto bismol for vomitingif your cat is vomiting frequently it could be from a simple issue such as hairballs. Few otc meds can as their livers aren t capable of metabolizing most drugs we use. Dr marie of askavetquestion says that while it is not harmful in small quantities there is no foolproof application for pepto bismol i don t recommend giving pepto bismol to a cat. Unfortunately pepto bismol has aspirin properties and absolutely cannot be given to cats.
Pepto contains salicylic acid which is aspirin which is toxic to cats. Cats have a different and often more delicate physiology and digestive system than we do so don t give human over the counter products. Pepto bismol has mild anti inflammatory antibiotic and antacid properties which makes it ideal for treatment of diarrhea and indigestion. If your cat received a large amount of pepto then the two main concerns would be for kidney problems and stomach ulceration.
With that being said a single small dose is not likely to have caused harm.
Related post Can you give a cat pepto bismol for vomiting:
- Off White Canary Yellow Jordan 1 Release Date
- Inside Canadair Regional Jet 900 American Airlines
- How Can You Love Someone You Never Met Lyrics
- Old Canadian 2 Dollar Bill Value
- How Can You Love Someone You Never Met Song Lyrics
- Mapa De Panama Y El Canal
- How Can You Love Someone You Never Met Quotes
- How Long Can You Not Swim After Getting A Tattoo
- How Soon Can You Get Pregnant After A Miscarriage At 5 Weeks
- Ver Canal De Las Estrellas En Vivo Gratis
- Virgo Man And Cancer Woman In Bed
- Jordan 1 High Canary Yellow Off White
- Televisa Canal De Las Estrellas En Vivo Gratis
- How Long After A Tattoo Can You Swim In Chlorine
- Please Can You Love Me Again
- Hombres Canasta De Frutas Para Regalar
- Mapa De Colombia Con El Canal De Panama
- What Color Can You Paint A Brick Fireplace
- Jordan Retro 1 Off White Canary Yellow
- Princess Cut Canary Diamond Engagement Rings
- Series Viejas De Canal 7 Costa Rica
- Nike X Off White Air Jordan 1 Canary Yellow Release
- Serial Numbers 1986 Canadian 2 Dollar Bill Value Chart
- Noticias Canal 26 En Vivo
- True Or False You Can Play Survival Mode In Minecraft